Brian is a partner with the firm, specializing in tax law. In the tax arena he primarily does consulting: advising clients on the best ways to structure transactions to minimize the tax impact, take advantage of any unique features in the law that might be of benefit to their particular situation.
He is also involved in tax return review, lecturing on specific technical areas of tax law, and helps oversee the information technology used by the firm. Brian is also experienced in adversarial engagements (i.e., IRS/FTB audits and appeals).
Brian has a bachelor’s degree in accounting and a master’s degree in taxation. He started in the private sector (manufacturing) but has worked exclusively in public accounting since 1984. He joined SRG & Company in 1989.
EDUCATION & AFFILIATIONS:
- Bachelor of Science – Accounting (California State University at Northridge)
- Master of Science – Taxation (California State University at Northridge)
- Certified Public Accountant
- Member: American Institute of Certified Public Accountants
- California Society of Certified Public Accountants
- American Bar Association